Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sleeping baby...happy mom!

Some of you may know that I have had a hard time getting Noah to sleep.
He will wake up during the night every 30 min - 1.5 hrs and it was getting harder for him to fall asleep after his nightly feedings. I wasn't getting enough sleep and I could tell Noah wasn't either. He was overly tired!
He was only taking 10 - 20 min naps during the day unless we were driving, in the stroller, on my chest (didn't always work) or in the front carrier where he would sleep 1-2 hrs. The other day he only slept 3 hours during that whole day. He was becoming more fussy...well really fussy. I couldn't get him to calm down and he wasn't eating as well (only 2oz instead of 4-5oz).
It was this vicious cycle and I felt like I was going crazy.

I called up my sister more times than I can count (so thankful for her) and would just cry and tell her how nothing was working. She would give me tons of ideas but nothing was working. She then told me about this book "Healthy Sleeping Habits, Happy Baby" and so I took a look. After talking with her more and reading the chapters that pertained to Noah's age and issues, I had a plan in mind but was very nervous to try it. My father-in-law David came down today to hang out so I could clean and get some stuff done but when he got here today I just wanted to sleep. He let me take 2.5 hr nap (I knew I would need it for tonight when I was going to try the new hints on getting him to sleep and keeping him asleep). After I woke up David and I discussed what he has done with his kids and with Noah. And I was amazed! He is a baby whisperer! I tried his hints once he left and IT WORKED! I feel like a million bucks! I was able to take a shower, do dishes, blow dry my hair, and write this blog! 

I feel so good about this and can't wait to see how tonight and the rest of the week goes until daddy comes home! 

I can't thank my family and friends enough for your support and ideas/tricks/hints, prayers etc. We are so blessed to have you all! 

I recommend this book to anyone who is pregnant right now and read it before you have your little babe because you won't always have time to read it after! Good luck ladies!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got some sleep! My mom is in Hanover, and I am sure you could call her if you need a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad that you are having some success! I have to check out the book, just to gain more ideas for future babes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super lovely blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete