Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, May 9, 2011

My Wonderful Sister Kelly!!!

So I have talked about my sister Elissa and how I look up to her,
but I have another sister, Kelly who I also look up to.
She is my oldest sister and wonderful friend!
I can't say enough about how proud I am of her!
It’s difficult to write this blog without crying because today,
Kelly leaves for Afghanistan for a year.
A very long, long year!

Kelly has been destined for a military career
since she graduated high school.
She went off to ROTC at Florida State University.
Captain Kelly Markin - Army Intelligence.
Something she is so good at!

The Army has taken her all around the world.
Stationed in the US, in states like Colorado, Texas, Alaska and many more.
And stationed overseas in Kuwait, Iraq and now Afghanistan.

She is so dedicated to her job and her country and she loves what she does!
I admire her for that!

It is extra hard today because it marks the beginning of a year of unknown.
I don't know how safe she will be and how often we will be able to talk.

Kelly is smart, beautiful, caring, loving, a wonderful friend,
always here to talk, always giving of herself and things.
She has a true heart of gold!!
I am so blessed to have her in my life!
And I am going to miss her more than she knows!



Please say a little prayer for her and our family as this year begins!!


2 comments:

  1. it will go by fast, soon your little one will be here and life will fly by. Praying she will be safe too...love you and Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for safety and lots of good learning over there. And for her to feel God's presence in what could be a lonelyish place. Also, Jillian, I just love your loyalty and passion for those you care about. I hope all is going well with you and your *family*!! :) <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete